Tuesday, August 20, 2013

MY OPINION ISN'T (A) RIGHT

After last Friday's Socratic Seminar I really enjoyed it. It was interesting to hear everyone's views on the article. I had never been in a group discussion that big and I found it pretty interesting.

Unfortunately  I did not agree with Jamie Whyte and his idea of not having a right to your opinion. To me I feel that we do have a right to our opinion because we want to believe what we say is true. We may not always be right and of course someone may tell you you're wrong but it is up to you to listen to them or not. No one likes being wrong and to me I do have a right to my opinion because it's what I think is right not what someone else may think. To me it seems like you can't really think for yourself if you give up right away and agree with the first person who tells you you're wrong because chances are they may be wrong. Those are my views on the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment